Sunday, September 14, 2008

Work I'm proud of: The Cell minisite

Every once in a while, you get a project you REALLY enjoy working on. It doesn't happen often which makes enjoying it and appreciating in retrospect that much easier. For me, one of these projects had to be the time I helped develop a minisite for a Coors Light event in Puerto Rico. It was a Halloween type event in a historic building and me along with two art directors were assigned to the project.


The brief was simple, give this event a concept and make it interesting enough for people to choose this over the competition. When asked how crazy and scary we could make the site, we were met with the best answer one could ever hoped for.

"Go crazy and just make sure to make it sound scary, believable and throw the brand in the mix however you can, just make it engaging and effective."
The end product was a modest take of a Halloween Horror Nights site done in less than four weeks and with a limited budget. We took the pictures, we designed all the templates, we shot video, we recorded audio and an event that was supposed to have about 1,500 people attending turned out with over 4,800 paying party goers plus the ones that didn't pay but got in nonetheless.
My thanks go to Coors for letting me do such a kick ass event and be able to go apeshit with the copy for this entire website. And my eternal grattitude goes to the two art directors that pushed me to go as nuts as I could with this and for pulling off a site that still makes me smile to this day.

Below are some pictures of the overall design of the site. Click on the pictures for a better look.


Homepage



Main Page
Final Letter
The History
CASE 1
CASE 2
CASE 3

No comments: